Thursday, November 18, 2010

OUR SONG


http://free-extras.com/images/best_friends_forever_quote-13534.htm


            In 5th grade, I remember I hung out with a girl who intrigued me. We started talking and hanging out. I invited her to my birthday party and she was the only one of my “friends” that showed up. Throughout the school year there were great moments, but finding out that we had a common interest was the best. We both loved the song “Just the Girl” (This song is about a guy who thinks this girl is perfect no matter how many defects she has). Everyday we sang it and annoyed everyone around us. I thought it was funny how I knew all the lyrics of the song but always mixed them up. Either way we both started laughing about the mistakes.
            After 5th grade ended, and I changed schools, I always thought of going back and seeing if she was still going there. I never had the guts to check. Recently, I ran into her again. At first I didn’t recognize her but then with a second glance, I sprang up with joy and hugged her to death once I realized “oh my gosh it’s her!” A few months later, we would hear “Just the Girl” and we cracked up, laughed and started singing along.
            Now, I pray everyday that we are still friends. I hope that nothing can put her down so I don’t have to even think of the day when she separates herself from all of her friends that care so much about her. If that day ever came I would cry every night hoping that she would come back to us. I would always listen to “Just the Girl” and tell her about all the fun times we used to have and all the fun times we still could have.
            A song could potentially save a life in some cases. Just by hearing a glimpse of it would keep the heart warm and pumping. Listen to your favorite music to cheer you up and always know that someone loves you.


2 comments:

  1. I've had the same experience with different times! It's great to have a feeling like that huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it feels great to be felling like you're on top of the world!

    ReplyDelete