Friday, November 19, 2010

BROTHERLY LOVE


http://superlative1.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/the-beauty-of-a-broken-heart/
            When I was younger, my neighbor and I loved playing pranks on my brother to get back at him for making me sad. So one day, during summer, we raided his room and looked around for embarrassing stuff. We found the perfect thing ever! It was a Dixie Chicks CD he had hidden in his dresser. I came up with the plan to open his window and play the songs as loud as a sonic boom so that everyone on the street would hear the girly (guy perspective) songs that were playing out of his room. So my neighbor agreed and we set up the speakers, popped in the CD, and watched everyone start laughing…except one.
            He raged into the house and started yelling and cursing at me as if he knew it was all my fault. What made his anger increase was that we were so scared at that point that we shut his door so he couldn’t get in. We would’ve turned off the music but we were too far away from the radio. He just kept yelling “I hate you! You’re such a b****! Get out of my room! Turn that off!”
            After that I knew what the word “revenge” meant. I didn’t like that word back then, and I still don’t like it now. My brother doesn’t understand that I love him to death and that I only do these things because it always used to make us closer. Now that he’s a senior in high school, I won’t be able to see him as much. Whenever he has friends over I always come out of my room so that he gets annoyed and actually talks to me. Even if it’s just him yelling, I don’t care, because all I want is just to stop being ignored by him.
            I wrote a letter that I was going to give him on his graduation day, but I guess if he really cared about what I wanted to say to him, then he could just look on here. This is what I wrote (warning: it sounds cheesy):

Dear brother,
            I miss you. The way you laughed at all my jokes. The way you knew how to comfort me through every bump in the road. The way you always stood up for me even when I knew I was wrong. I know I’ve said things towards you, and I know you try your hardest to make things right. I may not know what you’ve been through, or how hard it is for you to stay strong in front of our parents and I, but I do know that you’re leaving soon and that I will miss you. Before you leave, I want you to know that I love you very much. Don’t ever think differently.
Sincerely,
Your little sis

2 comments:

  1. I grew up alone so idk how that feels but its very true revenge is not the answer i dont see a moal behing your story at the moment but its a good read and humorouse at points

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my situation revenge is the answer because that's the only way i get his attention in a way. i have always thought of what it would be like if i was the only child. when ever i imagined it, it was too lonely for me. Sadly i'd rather have rejection than be alone.

    ReplyDelete